LABORATORY AND RESEARCH
MU The Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering started its education and research activities in 1997 with a small but high quality teaching staff. The department has developed rapidly in the following years, has added young talents from abroad to its staff and has attained an international quality in a short time. The department has been working rationally and efficiently to set up research and training laboratories in recent years. As a result of this, the department staff continues their work successfully by getting qualified national and international projects. Our department's faculty continue their researches on important current topics of the material, as well as their studies on the classical topics of the material. Therefore, necessary laboratories have been created in our department for the development of high-tech materials.
Material Laboratories unit is composed of three main sections.
Material Mechanical Inspection
These laboratories are equipped with modern devices and systems. The composition, internal structure and properties of the materials and products obtained here will be determined in modern analysis devices and systems established in material qualification and mechanical properties laboratories.
Material Production Laboratory
In this laboratory, there are necessary units for physical processes and chemical processes in the production of advanced ceramics, metals, polymers, and necessary processing and shaping devices after the production of materials.
• Crushing • Grinding • Mixing
• Sizing • Forming press • Single Axis Press
• Isostatic Press • Ovens • Drying
• Heat Treatment • Sintering • Special Production and Synthesis Devices
• Spray Dryer • Crystal Production Devices • Casting and Solidification
• Induction Furnace • Casting Sand Test
Material Qualification Laboratory
These laboratories are equipped with devices to classify materials according to their atomic composition and application areas, physical and chemical properties of materials, phase analysis, and microstructure and properties.
• X-Ray Diffractometer • X-Ray Spectrometer • SEM
• Rheometer • Corrosion test unit • FT-IR
• Grain size measurement • Chemical analysis (ICP-MS, GC) • Metallography
• Sample Cutting and Molding • Sample preparation • Metal microscope
• Stereo Microscope • Qualitative Phase Analysis
• Thermal analysis devices (TGA, DTA, DSG, Dilatometer)
Material Mechanical Inspection Laboratories
In this laboratory, there are devices for determining the mechanical properties of solid materials.
• Pulling • Fatigue • Wear
• Impact • Creep • Hardness
• Micro hardness • Vickers, Brinell, Rockwell
This page updated by Metallurgical and Materials Engineering on 20.03.2020 13:54:15